We have employed a number of measures to make this website accessible for as many users as possible. This document serves to explain the development tools and techniques used within this website to do this.
According to WCAG, our specification is inline with that of the 2.1 (AA) Accessibility standard.
Steps we have taken:
- Toolbar implemented, allowing users to:
- Increase/change contrast ratio across all website elements.
- increase text up to 300% without text spilling off screen.
- Invert colours and/or replace background with 100% white.
- Navigate to our sitemap.
- Convert whole website to greyscale palette.
- Underline all HTML links.
- Change all fonts to a more legible alternative.
- Skip to content added on all pages.
- Added for all relevant images.
- Left-out for all images to be ignored (visual-effect only).
- Most of this website can be navigated by keyboard only.
- With the only exceptions being pages set for visual effect only, such as animations.
- Most of this website can be accessed by a screen-reader.
- There are no empty headings across the whole website.
- There are no WCAG errors across the whole user-facing website.
- ARIA-label, ARIA-hidden, role and other attributes have been added to all necessary elements.
- All submission forms can be navigated (both forward and backwards) entirely with keyboard.